The most romantic day of the year was recently thrust upon us, and it’s always difficult not to notice all of the loved-up couples that surround you for 24 hours of intense public displays of affection. Whether you’re married, single or dating, it’s likely that you either love or hate all of the bells and whistles that come with the annual Valentine’s Day celebrations. Either way, this week is the perfect opportunity to take some time to nurture your most important relationship: the one you have with yourself.
Indulge in some much-deserved self love in celebration of this year’s Valentine’s Day, with our guide to the perfect pampering home remedies and additional tips to help you relax, unwind and put yourself first. Read on to discover our five tips for showing yourself the love and attention you deserve.
With the majority of us spending up to ten hours a day on our phones, tablets and laptops, it’s so important to take the time to unplug every now and again. Particularly if you were feeling apprehensive about the over-the-top Valentine’s Day fanfare, it’s a good time to mute those social app notifications and disconnect from technology for the benefit of your emotional well-being. By logging off from the digital world, you’ll naturally be drawn to enjoy the present moment and concentrate on yourself rather than your Facebook and Instagram acquaintances. Take the extra free time you have to reset your thoughts and think about everything you have to be grateful for in your life. You’ll be surprised at just how refreshed you feel after an evening spent unattached to your mobile.
Have a pamper night
What better way to treat yourself than to indulge in some DIY treatments to nourish your face and body. Try one of our Valentine’s Day-themed home remedies for the ultimate solo pamper night:
- Strawberry & Honey Mask – Mix three strawberries with some plain greek yoghurt, half a cup of honey and a tablespoon of rose water. Blend until smooth, then apply liberally over the face and neck and allow to sit for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Chocolate Mask – Melt half a cup of dark chocolate, then mix it with a tablespoon of honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Apply generously on the face and neck and massage the paste into your skin in circular motions. Rinse well with warm water.
Indulge in your favourite meal
The best thing about a solo date night is that you get to call the shots on everything from the movie you’ll watch to the food you’ll eat. Practice your cooking skills and try out a new recipe with all of your favourite ingredients. A delicious, hearty meal that’s made with love can do wonders for boosting your mood and sparking a little extra joy in your day. And, if you’ve had a long day at work, you can always skip the dishes and treat yourself to your favourite takeaway!
Take care of your body and mind
Yoga and meditation are two of the best activities to undertake when you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed. Dating back thousands of years, both have stood the test of time as the perfect way to switch off and reset your body and mind. Even if you’re new to the practice, there are plenty of benefits to gain from trying out a virtual class in yoga and meditation in the aftermath of Valentine’s Day:
- Lower stress levels – Stress and anxiety can have a massively detrimental effect on your mind and body, and cause serious health issues when left to build up and worsen over time. By practicing yoga and meditation, you can clear your mind and focus your attention on overcoming the stress that you’re feeling, making room for clarity and a refreshed sense of well-being.
- Better health – The wide range of positions and movements you practice in a yoga session help to stretch out stiff muscles, improve posture and reduce pain in the back and neck. It’s the perfect start or end to your day for an overall feeling of physical wellness.
- Increase self-awareness – One of the biggest perks of meditation is the practice of mindfulness, which can help you become more productive and satisfied in all aspects of your life. Daily mindfulness exercises are extremely effective for achieving a true level of self-awareness and allowing you to prioritise each element of your day-to-day life and use your precious time wisely.
Book yourself a beauty treatment
One of the best pampering activities to truly treat yourself is booking one of your favourite beauty treatments for a little indulgent pick-me-up. When you feel confident and beautiful in your skin, it reflects in your mood and enhances your feeling of good physical and mental wellness.
Aesthetics treatments, in particular, can drastically improve your self-esteem and help you to eliminate any nagging issues you have with certain features. Whether you’d like to improve the symmetry of your facial profile or have a physical insecurity that has bothered you for a long time, you’re sure to find the perfect aesthetics treatment to enhance your existing features and give you a wonderful boost of confidence.
At Acquisition Aesthetics, we proudly offer clinic-standard aesthetic treatments to model patients who attend our award-winning training days. We work with medics including doctors, dentists and nurses, with all treatments administered by highly-qualified healthcare professionals who possess advanced knowledge of the head and neck anatomy. Are you interested in treating yourself to your favourite aesthetics procedure this Valentine’s? Get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com or call us on 0203 514 8757 to speak to a friendly member of our team and find out more about our list of available treatments.